The Nigerian Army has reported a fire outbreak at its Abuja Headquarters complex.
It attributed the cause of the inferno to an electrical fault.
This was disclosed by the Army Public Relations Officer, Mohammed Yerima, on Tuesday.
Read the full press statement:
MINOR FIRE INCIDENT AT ARMY HEADQUARTERS COMPLEX, ABUJA
Electrical fault sparked a minor fire incident at the Army Headquarters Complex, Abuja, Tuesday morning.
The incident which happened at about 10.15am was as a result of minor electrical fault in one of the offices.
The Army Headquarters complex is currently undergoing some renovation involving electrical rework.
The Nigerian Army Fire Service Department has since put out the fire. No casualty was recorded during the incident and normalcy has since returned to the complex.
Director Army Public Relations
2 March 2021