The Presidency on Sunday released a checklist of what it described as ”The Buhari Women” as part of activities to mark this year’s International Women’s Day, IWD.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that March 8 of every year is observed globally as IWD. Theme for 2021 is Choose to Challenge.
A statement by the president’s spokesman, Femi Adesina, in Abuja, listed 50 out of many of the Nigerian women in leadership positions under the Buhari administration.
But Daily Correspondents observed that the First Lady’s name, Aisha Buhari, was omitted in the list in view of her strategic position as Mother of the Nation.
According to the presidential aide, the celebration provides ample opportunity to reflect on how Buhari honours the womenfolk.
He said: ”Here is a checklist of ‘The Buhari Women,’ just few of them:
1. Zainab Ahmed, Honourable Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning
2. Sadiya Umar Farouq, Honourable Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development
3. Pauline Tallen, Honourable Minister of Women Affairs
4. Mariam Yalwaji Katagum, Honourable Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment
5. Sharon Ikeazor, Honourable Minister of State for Environment
6. Gbemisola Saraki, Honourable Minister of State for Transportation
7. Ramatu Tijjani Aliyu, Honourable Minister of State for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT)
8. Folashade Yemi-Esan, Head of the Civil Service of the Federation
9. Mariam Uwais, Special Adviser to the President
10. Jumoke Oduwole, Special Adviser to the President on Industry, Trade and Investment, and Secretary of the Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council (PEBEC)
11. Mojisola Adeyeye, Director-General, National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC)
12. Hadiza Bala-Usman, Managing Director, Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA)
13. Abike Dabiri–Erewa, Chairperson and CEO, Nigerians in Diaspora Commission
14. Chioma Ejikeme, Executive Secretary, Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate (PTAD)
15. Patience Oniha, Director-General, Debt Management Office (DMO)
16. Aisha Dahir-Umar, Director-General, National Pension Commission
17. Jummai A.M. Audi, Chairperson, Nigerian Law Reform Commission (NLRC)
18. Yewande Sadiku, Executive Secretary, Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC)
19. Gloria Akobundu, National Coordinator/Chief Executive of New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD), Nigeria
20. Nnenna Akajemeli, National Coordinator/CEO, SERVICOM
21. Folashade Joseph, Managing Director, Nigeria Agriculture Insurance Corporation (NAIC)
22. Cecilia Gaya, Director-General, Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON)
23. Ronke Sokefun, Chairperson, Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC)
24. Aishah Ahmad, Deputy Governor, Financial System Stability, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
25. Stella Ojekwe-Onyejeli, Executive Director/Chief Operating Officer, Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA)
26. Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire, Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the President on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
27. Oge Modie, Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the President on Strategic Communications
28. Moji Rhodes. Senior Special Assistant on Social Development and Humanitarian Affairs
29. Toyin Adeniji, Executive Director, Micro Enterprises, Bank of Industry (Oversees the Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme, GEEP)
30. Stella Okotete, Executive Director, Business Development, NEXIM Bank
31. Omolola Abiola-Edewor, Executive Director, Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC)
32. Imaan Sulaiman–Ibrahim, Director-General, National Agency for Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP)
33.Lauretta Onochie, Personal Assistant to the President on Social Media, and INEC Federal Commissioner-nominee.
34.Dr. Yosola Akinbi – Senior Technical Adviser, National Economic Council (NEC) (Office of the Vice President)
35.Dr. Balikisu Saidu, Senior Special Assistant Legal, Research and Compliance Issues (OVP)
36.Prof. Fatima Waziri-Azi – Senior Special Assistant – Rule Of Law (OVP)
37. Foluso Idumu, Senior Special Assistant On Administration (OVP)
38.Lanre Shasore, Senior Special Assistant On Coordination & Planning (OVP)
39.Dr Ebi Awosika, Senior Technical Assistant On Community Engagements (OVP)
40.Olaolu Beckley, Special Assistant On Documentation (OVP)
41.Edewede Akhidenor – Special Assistant, Administration (OVP)
42.Nkoli Anyaoku– Special Assistant, Administration (OVP)
43.Dr. Lilian Idiaghe – Special Assistant, Legal (OVP)
44.Tolani Alli – Special Assistant On Visual Communications (OVP)
45.Toyosi Onalapo – Special Assistant On Community Engagements
46.Haijya Halima Bawa – Special Assistant On Community Engagements
47.Nonye Ojekwe – Special Assistant On Community Engagements
48.Koko Iyamusa – Special Assistant Administration (Wife of the VP)
49.Fakorede Omotayo Basirat– Special Assistant On Special Duties
50.Omotayo Rachael Omowunmi – Special Assistant On Household & Social.
NAN with additional information from Daily Correspondent
Ex- Super Eagles Players Praise Asiwaju Tinubu’s Contributions to Nigeria, Sports
Former Nigeria’s international football players have commended All Progressives Congress National Leader, Asíwájú Bola Tinubu, for his contributions to democracy...
Obiano’s wife was drunk – Bianca Ojukwu opens up on ‘valedictory slap’
Bianca, the wife of late Odumegwu Ojukwu, has explained why she slapped Ebele Obiano at the inauguration ceremony of Prof....
Kaduna govt directs appointees seeking political office to resign
The Kaduna State Government has directed all political appointees and public servants aspiring for political offices in the 2023 general...
Buhari approves new NBC board
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the reconstitution of the Governing Board of the National Broadcasting Commission, NBC, following the expiration...
Police arrest 2 soldiers, 3 others for robbing POS agent in Borno
The police in Borno have arrested five suspects, including two soldiers for alleged armed robbery and culpable homicide. Commissioner of...
Terrorists kill DPO, 2 other policemen, 4 vigilantes in Niger
Suspected bandit terrorists have again hit Niger State, during which a Divisional Police Officer, DPO, two of his officers and four vigilante members were killed. The...
PDP will die in 2023 if it loses election – Atiku
Atiku Abubakar, a former Vice President, has said that the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) might not survive another eight...
Presidency blames ‘Jonathan’ govt for recent national grid collapse
The Presidency has blamed the immediate past administration for the recent collapse of the nation’s power system. President Buhari’s Personal...
Mrs Dolapo in Maiduguri, marks Osinbajo’s birthday at North East Children’s Centre
Wife of the Vice President, Mrs Dolapo Osinbajo, was in Maiduguri on Monday to visit the North East Children’s Learning...
Zulum to commission 22 schools, other projects in southern Borno
Governor Babagana Zulum of Borno has begun a five-day official visit to the southern part of the state to inaugurate...