Aisha Buhari missing in action as Presidency releases list of 50 women to celebrate Int’l Women’s Day
The Presidency on Sunday released a checklist of what it described as ”The Buhari Women” as part of activities to mark this year’s International Women’s Day, IWD.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that March 8 of every year is observed globally as IWD. Theme for 2021 is Choose to Challenge.
A statement by the president’s spokesman, Femi Adesina, in Abuja, listed 50 out of many of the Nigerian women in leadership positions under the Buhari administration.
But Daily Correspondents observed that the First Lady’s name, Aisha Buhari, was omitted in the list in view of her strategic position as Mother of the Nation.
According to the presidential aide, the celebration provides ample opportunity to reflect on how Buhari honours the womenfolk.
He said: ”Here is a checklist of ‘The Buhari Women,’ just few of them:
1. Zainab Ahmed, Honourable Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning
2. Sadiya Umar Farouq, Honourable Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development
3. Pauline Tallen, Honourable Minister of Women Affairs
4. Mariam Yalwaji Katagum, Honourable Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment
5. Sharon Ikeazor, Honourable Minister of State for Environment
6. Gbemisola Saraki, Honourable Minister of State for Transportation
7. Ramatu Tijjani Aliyu, Honourable Minister of State for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT)
8. Folashade Yemi-Esan, Head of the Civil Service of the Federation
9. Mariam Uwais, Special Adviser to the President
10. Jumoke Oduwole, Special Adviser to the President on Industry, Trade and Investment, and Secretary of the Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council (PEBEC)
11. Mojisola Adeyeye, Director-General, National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC)
12. Hadiza Bala-Usman, Managing Director, Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA)
13. Abike Dabiri–Erewa, Chairperson and CEO, Nigerians in Diaspora Commission
14. Chioma Ejikeme, Executive Secretary, Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate (PTAD)
15. Patience Oniha, Director-General, Debt Management Office (DMO)
16. Aisha Dahir-Umar, Director-General, National Pension Commission
17. Jummai A.M. Audi, Chairperson, Nigerian Law Reform Commission (NLRC)
18. Yewande Sadiku, Executive Secretary, Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC)
19. Gloria Akobundu, National Coordinator/Chief Executive of New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD), Nigeria
20. Nnenna Akajemeli, National Coordinator/CEO, SERVICOM
21. Folashade Joseph, Managing Director, Nigeria Agriculture Insurance Corporation (NAIC)
22. Cecilia Gaya, Director-General, Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON)
23. Ronke Sokefun, Chairperson, Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC)
24. Aishah Ahmad, Deputy Governor, Financial System Stability, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
25. Stella Ojekwe-Onyejeli, Executive Director/Chief Operating Officer, Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA)
26. Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire, Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the President on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
27. Oge Modie, Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the President on Strategic Communications
28. Moji Rhodes. Senior Special Assistant on Social Development and Humanitarian Affairs
29. Toyin Adeniji, Executive Director, Micro Enterprises, Bank of Industry (Oversees the Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme, GEEP)
30. Stella Okotete, Executive Director, Business Development, NEXIM Bank
31. Omolola Abiola-Edewor, Executive Director, Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC)
32. Imaan Sulaiman–Ibrahim, Director-General, National Agency for Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP)
33.Lauretta Onochie, Personal Assistant to the President on Social Media, and INEC Federal Commissioner-nominee.
34.Dr. Yosola Akinbi – Senior Technical Adviser, National Economic Council (NEC) (Office of the Vice President)
35.Dr. Balikisu Saidu, Senior Special Assistant Legal, Research and Compliance Issues (OVP)
36.Prof. Fatima Waziri-Azi – Senior Special Assistant – Rule Of Law (OVP)
37. Foluso Idumu, Senior Special Assistant On Administration (OVP)
38.Lanre Shasore, Senior Special Assistant On Coordination & Planning (OVP)
39.Dr Ebi Awosika, Senior Technical Assistant On Community Engagements (OVP)
40.Olaolu Beckley, Special Assistant On Documentation (OVP)
41.Edewede Akhidenor – Special Assistant, Administration (OVP)
42.Nkoli Anyaoku– Special Assistant, Administration (OVP)
43.Dr. Lilian Idiaghe – Special Assistant, Legal (OVP)
44.Tolani Alli – Special Assistant On Visual Communications (OVP)
45.Toyosi Onalapo – Special Assistant On Community Engagements
46.Haijya Halima Bawa – Special Assistant On Community Engagements
47.Nonye Ojekwe – Special Assistant On Community Engagements
48.Koko Iyamusa – Special Assistant Administration (Wife of the VP)
49.Fakorede Omotayo Basirat– Special Assistant On Special Duties
50.Omotayo Rachael Omowunmi – Special Assistant On Household & Social.
NAN with additional information from Daily Correspondent
2022 World Cup: Saudi Arabia beat Argentina 2-1
Saudi Arabia recorded the first major upset of the World Cup as they beat Argentina 2-1 in their opening game...
2023: Lai Mohammed accuses opposition parties of using fake news in campaigns against APC
The Federal Government has accused opposition parties of using fake news and disinformation to prosecute the campaigns towards the 2023...
Twitter Restores Donald Trump’s Account
Microblogging service Twitter has reinstated former United States President Donald Trump’s account. The account was restored after Twitter’s new owner...
How Sabinus scammed me of N2m – Event planner cries out
An event planner, Johnbosco Ezeuchegbu aka Crazylegs, on Friday called out a popular comedian, Chukwuemeka Emmanuel, also known as Sabinus,...
Identity Of Humanitarian Worker Killed By Trigger-Happy Soldier Revealed
The identity of the humanitarian worker shot by a soldier in Damboa Local Government Area of Borno State has been...
Ghana finance minister apologises for economic hardship
Ghana’s Finance Minister Ken Ofori-Atta on Friday said he was “truly sorry” for the country’s economic hardships but defended himself...
Youth minister confirms sack of NYSC DG
The Minister of Youth and Sports Development Sunday Dare has confirmed the removal of the Director-General of the National Youth...
Naira redesign: Give us more time – Miyetti Allah cries out to CBN
The leader of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, MCBAN, South-East Chapter, has appealed to the Central Bank of...
We’ll dialogue with IPOB, others – Tinubu
All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has said his government will discuss with all agitating groups...
Buhari fires DG NYSC 6 months after assuming office
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the immediate removal of Brigadier-General Muhammad Kukah Fadah, from office as the Director General of...