YouTube says it is suspending President Donald Trump for at least one week or even longer, after his channel was found violating the platform’s policies, the company said Tuesday evening.
A recent video on Trump’s channel had incited violence, YouTube told CNN.
That video has now been removed.
YouTube declined to share details of the video that earned Trump the strike, but said that after the one-week timeout, it will revisit the decision.
Until now, YouTube had been the only remaining major social media platform not to have suspended Trump in some fashion.
Recall that Facebook has suspended Trump’s account “indefinitely,” while Twitter has banned Trump completely.
YouTube also said it will be taking the extra step of disabling comments underneath videos on Trump’s channel.
Under YouTube’s policies, earning a second strike will result in a two-week suspension and three strikes will result in a permanent ban.
Politics3 days ago
Accused of being anti-Jonathan, Ex-INEC chairman Jega rates Buhari’s administration ‘very disappointing’
Foreign News7 days ago
Donald Trump vacates White House as U.S President
News4 days ago
As Zulum presents staff of office to new Emir of Biu, Borno loses another First Class monarch Shehu of Dikwa
Foreign News4 days ago
BREAKING: CNN legendary talk show host, Larry King, dies at 87
News7 days ago
FEC approves new retirement age of 65 years for teachers