Nasarawa State has recorded another confirmed case of Coronavirus.
This was disclosed by the governor, Abdullahi Sule, on Tuesday.
According to him, the confirmed case is that of a driver with the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), who transports test samples for the agency in Abuja.
The governor said he got infected while doing his job.
This brings the total confirmed cases in the state to 12.
He however said the patient had been moved to the isolation centre at the Federal Medical Centre, Keffi, for treatment.
He said all COVID-19 patients were currently receiving treatment at the Dalhatu Araf Specialist Hospital, Lafia and the Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Keffi.
Sule urged the residents of the state to adhere to all government’s directives on COVID-19 in order to contain the disease.
News3 days ago
Borno pastor in Boko Haram captivity appeals to Buhari, Zulum, CAN to save him from execution within 7 days
Politics1 day ago
BREAKING: Ganduje bombs Buhari: ‘Deal with terrorists and bandits decisively or resign’
News13 hours ago
BREAKING: Boko Haram IED injures 3 PHCN staff working to restore electricity to Maiduguri
News2 days ago
BREAKING: Hours after Buhari rules out amnesty, bandits kidnap ‘over 300 schoolgirls’ in Zamfara school
News4 days ago
JUST IN: Hours after Nigerian troops reclaim Marte, Boko Haram infiltrates Maiduguri, kill scores
News5 days ago
JUST IN: Gunmen attack police station in Abia, kill two officers
Politics3 days ago
APC chairmanship: Sheriff begins consultation with governors, says ‘I’m the best’
Politics2 days ago
2023: Why Buhari’s successor must be Yoruba Muslim – MURIC