Connect with us

Uncategorized

Abba Kyari’s death, will of God – Buhari

Published

on

Mallam Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, has revealed Muhammadu Buhari’s reaction to the death of his Chief of Staff, Mallam Abba Kyari.

Shehu, who spoke at the graveside of Kyari, said President Buhari had accepted the development as the will of God.

Shehu said: “These are not things that we have a choice in, it’s providence, it’s God who says who goes and who stays. The President, obviously a deeply religious person, takes it that it cannot be helped, at the end of the day, all of us will also go that way.”

Shehu, however, further described Kyari as the pillar in President Buhari’s cabinet.

Shehu said Kyari had been a close associate of the President for more than 40 years and was about the only one who understood President Buhari’s view on virtually every issue.

He went on to note that Kyari offered 100% loyalty to the President.

“It’s a deeply shocking incident because Abba Kyari is like a pillar there in the Presidency, he’s a rallying point of the entire workforce working with the President.

“He has had a long working relationship with the President; more than 40 years of being together. He has a full understanding of the President, he knew exactly where the President stood on every issue and so, therefore, he was there to fix it for the President and get them done as the President wants.

“He offered 100% loyalty to the President and all of these things that Abba Kyari brought focus to bear on long-delayed infrastructure; whether they are road, railway, power and so on, all of them have the imprints of the President on them because this is where the President lived and believed and Abba Kyari was there to ensure that President Buhari, at the end of his two terms, leaves behind legacies that will last and for which he will be remembered and these are the things that Abba Kyari cared for”, he said.

However, the Nigeria Centre for Diseases Control (NCDC) had warned against conducting private burials for victims of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).

But Shehu allayed fears about a possible breach of public health protocols. He noted that the usual ceremonies that would have followed the burial had been put off.

Shehu said: “The burial and the funeral are strictly private. After the burial, all those who have come will go home. There will be no ceremonies such as paying condolence visits.

“We want Nigerians to observe the regulations as put in place by the NCDC and the Federal Ministry of Health so that we can all stay healthy and live to be there tomorrow.”

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

TRENDING

Uncategorized1 week ago

2022 World Cup: Saudi Arabia beat Argentina 2-1

Saudi Arabia recorded the first major upset of the World Cup as they beat Argentina 2-1 in their opening game...

Politics1 week ago

2023: Lai Mohammed accuses opposition parties of using fake news in campaigns against APC

The Federal Government has accused opposition parties of using fake news and disinformation to prosecute the campaigns towards the 2023...

Foreign News2 weeks ago

Twitter Restores Donald Trump’s Account

Microblogging service Twitter has reinstated former United States President Donald Trump’s account.  The account was restored after Twitter’s new owner...

Sabinus Sabinus
Entertainment2 weeks ago

How Sabinus scammed me of N2m – Event planner cries out

An event planner, Johnbosco Ezeuchegbu aka Crazylegs, on Friday called out a popular comedian, Chukwuemeka Emmanuel, also known as Sabinus,...

News2 weeks ago

Identity Of Humanitarian Worker Killed By Trigger-Happy Soldier Revealed

The identity of the humanitarian worker shot by a soldier in Damboa Local Government Area of Borno State has been...

Foreign News2 weeks ago

Ghana finance minister apologises for economic hardship

Ghana’s Finance Minister Ken Ofori-Atta on Friday said he was “truly sorry” for the country’s economic hardships but defended himself...

News2 weeks ago

Youth minister confirms sack of NYSC DG

The Minister of Youth and Sports Development Sunday Dare has confirmed the removal of the Director-General of the National Youth...

News2 weeks ago

Naira redesign: Give us more time – Miyetti Allah cries out to CBN

The leader of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, MCBAN, South-East Chapter, has appealed to the Central Bank of...

Politics2 weeks ago

We’ll dialogue with IPOB, others – Tinubu

All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has said his government will discuss with all agitating groups...

News2 weeks ago

Buhari fires DG NYSC 6 months after assuming office

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the immediate removal of Brigadier-General Muhammad Kukah Fadah, from office as the Director General of...

Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Daily correspondents